According to Michael Kay tonight’s game was the 2000th regular season game played between these two teams and the Yanks have won 1090 of them… scratch that… 1091. When the Yanks last faced Boston I posted a list of what a typical Boskees game is/includes. I’ll bring it back out and instead turn it into a checklist. Let’s see…
a) an extra inning game, or otherwise one of the longest 9 inning games in history —– it wasn’t that long tonight, but it felt like a drag at the beginning. this gets half a check.
b) a comeback [by either team] and/or multiple lead changes throughout the game —– what the F? no lead changes, no comeback? why? because the yanks scored first… HA … no check
c) one or more hit batters —– joba came mighty close to hitting youk but hit the bat. this still gets a check.
d) at least one ejection —– check. lowell got himself ejected within 2 seconds… congrats.
e) a late inning upset —– no upset for the yanks, but the faces of the Bosox fans at Fenway did not look happy when mo got save #25 [of 25] after striking out Drew… I’d say check.
f) fire/drama… enough said —– double check
g) occasionally something rare [record broken, weird play, etc.] —– Hmm… I can’t think of anything… does no Manny count?
Okay, this game wasn’t 100% Red Sox / Yankees typical, but it was still great. Why? Here’s a new list:
a) the Yanks won… HA
b) Joba almost smacked Youk with the ball… HA
c) Bosox fans thought they could get to Mo, and didn’t… HA
d) The Sox got shutout… HA
and lastly e) in the 9th Ortiz did zilch… WAPPAH! [said George Lopez style]
Alright, I’m done. I apologize for inconsiderate nature toward Sox fans… but c’mon, if they won this game they’d be doing the same thing.
For some reason I don’t feel like recapping this game tonight and besides, if you didn’t watch the game you suckk [no offense of course]. Andy Pettitte vs. Wakefield tomorrow. Round 2…
– My money is on A-Rod getting hit tomorrow, but it’ll probably happen when the bullpen takes over because getting hit by Wakefield is like getting a mosquito bite.
– I wiiiiish this was a National League game. I would of paid to see what would of happened if Joba got to first base.
– Yanks made one hell of a trade to get Xavier Nady and Damaso Marte today. Cashman shall now be known as the wise one.
– For anyone in love with Joba for his performance tonight, take a listen to his theme song: Joba Like It’s Hot.
– I almost forgot to mention that the Red Sox hitters struck out 12 times tonight. I’m sorry, but I have to say it… HA.
*The previous stated “ha”s shall not be confused with A-Rod’s trademark “Ha” in “The Ha Game” in Toronto last season.*