First things first… I would like to state for the record that I officially hate Wilson Betemit. Can someone please just grab his bat and take a swing at his ribs for me? Better yet… put on a blindfold, picture him as a piñata [which shouldn’t be too hard] and see if you can get candy to fall out, which I doubt, but who cares? It’ll be fun either way.
The list of things that just blew my mind tonight:
3. Pittsburgh actually has a reason to laugh tonight
[with both of their former players, that they so graciously gift wrapped and sent to the Yanks for no cost, each having a special part this loss]
4. Carl Pav-ow-no pitched two innings in the minors without allowing a run or breaking a nail
Though the Yanks weren’t able to pull it off tonight, they did something they haven’t done a whole of this season: have energy in the late innings. I would love to see some more of that. I would also love to see someone do some voodoo magic so Tampa can go on a 20 game losing streak, like they used to… but I’ll settle for a 10 game losing streak at the least.
Strangely, though the Yanks lost tonight, I don’t have any of the usual post-loss feelings [i.e. furiousness [is that a word?], hopelessness and/or indifference]. I’m somewhat surprised they put up a fight and I’m pretty sure that they would’ve won if Betemit had not been the last man in the batter’s box, but what are you gonna do? I’ll accept this loss. Raz wasn’t too shabby, I don’t know what happened to Marte & Mo, and the bats tried. I won’t accept another loss tomorrow though. Granted, there will be higher pressure put on Joba to end this mini losing streak, but Joba eats pressure for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Joba Chamberlain and disappointment do not rhyme. Let’s not get swept, shall we?
– Big G had some day. He chokes in his first two at bats, with runners in scoring position each time… then gets two bloop singles and another off a comebacker that deflected off George Sherrill’s glove and winds up with 2 RBI’s tonight.
– Boston almost got no hit… HA. And I thought the Yanks had trouble against the Angels.
– I gotta post this quote from