Tie game in the bottom of the 9th and
a walk-off grand slam to win it for the Rangers… enough said. To say
this loss was horrible is an understatement.
– Seriously, when the F is that instant replay coming?
– I know Marte is the veteran and what not, but the
– Oh and Joba left the game tonight with right shoulder stiffness… with the Yanks’ luck who knows how serious it is.
– Big G knows the trick to pick up some luck. Grow a ‘stache, get a few hits out of it, then shave it. Simple and it works. I like it.
– Case of Good News / Bad News: The Yanks avoid going another game back in the standings as both the Rays and the Red Sox lost… but they lose another chance to gain ground on both of them.
– Thanks to everyone that stopped by in the in-gamer tonight, especially to Jason, who stuck it out for the whole 9.
Big Note: From Pete Abraham:
“Joba Chamberlain will fly back to New York tomorrow for an MRI and other tests on his right shoulder.
The injury appears more muscular in nature and does not involve the labrum or rotator cuff. “It doesn’t hurt in the wrong places,” Chamberlain said. “My velocity was fine.”
Joe Girardi said that at the very least, Chamberlain would miss his next start. The last time he said that about a starter was Chein-Ming Wang.”
Hmmm… Ian Kennedy might be finally getting his second shot.