I’m too worn out [and lazy] to really recap what I’ve failed to blog in a
week [and because the last two series got more than enough headline
coverage.. for two separate reasons], I’m going to keep it simple and
give ya what’s on the brain:
– I don’t know how it’s possible for the Yanks to score 9 runs off Johan Santana, and yet only manage to muster 4 hits off Fernando Nieve.. but it’s pretty funny.
Epic Failure = Luis Castillo.. Sorry Mets fans, but you can never come
back from that. A-Rod didn’t even yell “Ha” on that one.
– Today was my last official day of high school [g’damn, it lasted forever], but something tells me I shouldn’t be enthused. When a grown man throws a fit
because someone dared to make a minor insult about him, the whole “high
school never ends” thing really gains some credibility. Bruney voiced
his opinion and K-Rod responded oh so brilliantly by acting like a
sissy. Way to show his comments really didn’t bother you smart one.
Brun actually intended to apologize, but apparently ‘Cisco needed to act big first [while standing 3 feet shorter..].. would never have guessed those two are the same age.
– Though the guy pulled off a miracle, pitching two
scoreless innings without walking a guy on Saturday, Jose Veras is
still a disease, as his incapability to find the plate has spread to
the starting rotation, which has forced the pen to work overtime. You
can thank the tattoo-bearing, thrown out of a bookstore badazz A.J. Burnett for saving the arms yesterday.. but it’d be nice if you’d manage to kick a** against the one team we really can’t afford to be embarrassed by, A.J… Just sayin’..
– Speaking of Boston.. I have no choice but to hand it to ya.. With an 0-8 record, can’t even attempt to deny the fact the Sox have owned the Yanks so far
this season.. but the fans at Fenway are something else.. “You used
steroids” chant? No offense, but leave it up to Boston fans to state
the obvious. C’mon.. I honestly expected more.
What I didn’t expect.. the Yanks letting Big Papi come out for a
curtain call for his every HR without retaliation.. Granted, they’re very rare from him these days, but.. it’s amazing the incredible amount of things a player can get away with if he isn’t in a Yankee uniform.
– My last thought.. *virtual hour long standing ovation for Mark Teixeira*.. Gotta commend a guy who endured a month long.. um.. initiation,
without a single complaint, while continuing to work till he got it
right.. which he has, as he is tearing it up, and doing the little
things.. The guy really plays his heart out.
On Deck: I’ll be attending tomorrow night’s game while CC is on the hill. The opposing pitcher probably doesn’t matter.. it’s the Nationals.
Also On Deck: St. Louis vs. Detroit.. the Jeffy-Allen showdown.. oh boy =)
P.S. Interesting story here.. Next time you want to have a few words for an ump, watch out.. apparently they can eject more than just the guys on field these days..[in high school games at least]..