Just when you thought a Chamberslaying
had this one in the loss column..
that short right porch comes in handy.
[Starting to like that jet stream.]
Whatever the case may be, Joba is making it really hard to continue
viewing the guy as a starter. I wouldn’t mind having he and Hughes
switch roles right now.
– Whose bright idea was it to bring back up Cody Ransom?
– Hideki on fire. Way to shut me down.
And the Mets moments never end. One went right through Overbay’s legs in this
one.. Don’t know what it is about the Yanks that makes other teams lose
all capability to field the ball, but it’s funny.
Leave it up to Cano to pick up two hits in this game, neither with
runners in scoring position, and yet still find a way to look lost.
Was caught stealing and the king of the ground out in every other
at-bat, including ending the first inning with one with two men on
base. Two hits though, so I can’t completely trash the performance
today.. but I’m doubting he’d have gotten them if the bases hadn’t been
clear.. just sayin’.
– Jeet, Tex and Mo representing the Yanks in the All-Star Game. As with every year, there are some questionable choices
that I’d love to complain about, but it’s expected so I’ll leave it at
that. I have to say though, this year the National League may have a chance.
– There’s still the Final Vote left.. Kinsler got robbed, so get him in.
Beast Of The Ballgame:
4 innings, one hit, 12 out save. Hell of a job.
Last game with the red hats [at last] with Andy on the mound, coming
off a solid start, to close this series out against Ricky Romero, with
a live 20 scoreless innings streak [meaning he’s due to get creamed], for Toronto. How about a four game sweep?
So.. anyone still have a problem with it?
– I’m still in awe of that Pluto shot by Russell Branyan, off the glass of the Mohegan Sun sports bar.. sick.
Thought A-Rod would be the first to hit it there, but must give the guy
credit. Came one strikeout shy of two back-to-back nights with the
Golden Sombrero so he was due for some redemption.
– Have to quote a tweet by Ross, of New Stadium Insider, regarding Joe G. riding Aceves’ magic for a bit too long. “He is bi-polar with his managing. One night he micromanages, the next he autopilots.” Can’t be summed up any better than that. [Aceves was stellar before that mistake though..]
– Also in the category of what-the-hell, who
was that in the 5-hole? Seemed oddly reminiscent of the old Robbie
Cano, but my eyes must deceive me.. Will praise him when he picks up
one of those hits with the game on the line.
– And who was the guy in the 7-spot? Return of Godzilla? Would be about damn time.. Just sayin’.
– Your Quick Bit Of Hilarity:
Apparently the Subway Series never ends, because we got another Met
moment, courtesy of Ichiro Suzuki dropping one in right. Fans at the
stadium naturally let him have it on the next pop up hit his direction,
and after catching it to end the inning Ichiro exacted some revenge with a
not so smart move. Unlike Suzuki, Castillo took it like a man. Fake
ball toss to the stands? Bush league Ichiro, bush league.
– The latest celeb at the stadium.. Jack Nicholson. Had the best seat in the house, sitting right behind home plate. Supposedly had a ball being on the big screen in the ballpark. Did not partake in the wave. Good man.
Leader Of The Crapfest:
6 earned runs allowed on 10 hits through 5.2 innings..
Forget you were facing the Mariners?
– In other news.. Kyle Blanks couldn’t handle a bit of bees? C’mon.. Joba had midges making a home on his neck.. Be a man.. Speaking of, Padres get a delay [lasting all of 52 minutes]
in the 9th inning of a game they obviously weren’t going to win, but
the Yanks were to forced to just suck it up [it the middle of the ALDS]? Death to Bruce Froemming.. [If he happens to pass any time in the near future, I never said this..]
For your amusement:
On Deck: Mr. Badazz facing Brian Tallet to start a four game series with Toronto. Got more one-hit stuff in the tank?
So.. anyone still have a problem with it?
. . . besides this guy:
– Got to see Joba, Hughes and Aceves before the game. Joba is a funny
dude. Buttons, by the Pussycat Dolls, was being played in the stadium
at one point [yeah..] and in the midst of the meet and greet Joba was
jamming, bobbing his head and probably two seconds from busting out
dance moves. He was the last guy to leave from the gate and took a six man
entourage with him, while Aceves could’ve walked out of the Great Hall alone. All three walked right past me, and were all huge and brolic enough to have me scared to touch them..
Speaking of scary.. I know I’ve said it before but A.J. is the ultimate
badazz. Even when the guy laughs or smiles, which he was oddly doing a lot of
during BP for some reason yesterday, he still manages to look sinister.
I was having a convo with a friend about him and brought up something I
would’ve liked to see during interleague. First off, I would’ve gotten
a kick out of seeing A.J. go to bat with biker gloves.. but I would’ve
given every dime I have to see an opposing pitcher have the nerve to
hit him. I can picture Burn just breaking the bat on his knee,
walking to the mound, standing 6 inches away from whoever threw the pitch and just staring
him down till the guy ran away or pissed his pants.. and A.J. then taking his place at first base.
– About the game.. How about that dandy Andy? Return of Mr. Reliable? Solid stuff.
– Two days rest and A-Rod musters up this kind of energy? Do we dare to give him three?
– The stadium may be helping the Melk Man, but I don’t care. 7 homers at home [1 on the road].. Fine by me.
– I’m thinking Girardi should go by the name Slow Joe right now. Finally moved Cano out of the 5-hole, after
a storm of criticism, and last night makes questionably weird move
#82638234 removing Aceves after one batter. Yeah, textbook baseball
tells you to bring in Coke for the lefties, but the micromanaging is
ridiculous. It worked out so no one is throwing a hissy fit, but even Alfredo was
surprised by it, walking off the mound with a sarcastic grin. Hughes
probably wanted to do the same, after warming up for no reason.. Just sayin’..
– Don’t know how it managed not to rain, but good night at the ballpark. Mick Foley was there [I sh*t you not].. and a Paul O’Neill chant broke out.. love it.
Beast Of The Ballgame:
P.P.S. An update.. scaffolding is now completely surrounding the stadium next door and they no longer keep its lights on.. an extremely sad and scary sight. I don’t know what it is but, despite the win, I realized the new stadium didn’t give me the same “God, I love baseball” feeling walking out of it last night as the old one did endlessly. Just started sinking in that the old home is being torn down.
P.P.P.S. This = hilarious.
And the countdown sits at 1.
It’s only fitting that the game before the last would be of the walkoff variety.
– I only have only one word for Aceves: impressive.
would be pure torture if Jeter is unable to play tomorrow because he
gets hit by a pitch in the last inning of this game. However, I’m sure
the Capt’n will play with one arm, even for just one inning, if he has to.
– Cano is currently the last to hit a home run in the ballpark as of yet. I’m thinking tomorrow’s game will be similar
to this one in that the early innings will be scoreless. No doubt the
guys will be swinging for the fences. I predict A-Rod will be the one. I hope
Jeter does it though.
Yanks can get eliminated any day now, including tomorrow. It will kill
everyone if the Yanks lose the final game in the House but if that
should happen and the Red Sox win their game tomorrow, the Yanks would
get x’ed out on the day their stadium does. Does it amaze anyone else
how these things unfold?
– The suspense is killing me.
I will be posting probably my longest post tomorrow. It will be a
tribute to the stadium so check it out before the game tomorrow.