And that result would be this:
Over/Under an eternity next time National League wins an All Star Game?
– Hope it wasn’t just me who felt like baseball was dying with the odd “this is the last game that will ever be played” sort of feel to the pre-game.. essentially set it up to be anticlimatic. Producer must receive mid-season Overkill Award.
– Pretty weird, yet cool, to see Major League ballplayers starstruck for a change, during their meet and greet with the President.
That fly swatter himself/leader of our nation, Barack Obama, was called on to toss
the first pitch in this All-Star Game.. and he did so with White Sox
gear.. in the home of the Cardinals.. bold. However, just in
case you didn’t detect it from the boos Mr. President, the sea of red
and white in St. Louis didn’t appreciate the lack of bipartisanship..
– This was a needle to the retina.
Was hoping to see a monster shot from Teix during the ASG, but apparently no one was allowed to take it over the wall at Busch.
– Charlie Manuel has some killer managerial tactics.. The guy still has me wondering how you choose to intentionally walk any guy in a lineup literally
full of All-Stars. The walk served up in the 8th robbed Victor Martinez
of an at-bat in the game, while the guy after him, Adam Jones, drove
in a run with a sac fly.. the run that happened to win the game.
Explanation needed as to why the national broadcasts are always the
worst.. Do we not endure enough sportscaster stupidity, Boston a**
kissing and Yankee salary criticisms throughout the year? Just sayin’.
– Your Quick Bit Of Hilarity: Mo nailing down the save.. for none other than Jonathan Papelbon.. and he wasn’t even the one who truly
saved it for Pap, as Crawford’s catch in left robbed what would’ve been a
game-tying home run. MVP honor well deserved.. “Winning pitcher” label
in this one, not so much..
National League, your time will come.. when Mo
Just about fell in love with it..
The second half of the season.. A 10 game homestand in store for the
Yanks, beginning with a three game set against Detroit, following the
next two off days. It’s that time again.
P.S. No Derby post because.. it was unquestionably lame. Did we all really want ‘roids banned in baseball?
So.. anyone still have a problem with it?
– I’m still in awe of that Pluto shot by Russell Branyan, off the glass of the Mohegan Sun sports bar.. sick.
Thought A-Rod would be the first to hit it there, but must give the guy
credit. Came one strikeout shy of two back-to-back nights with the
Golden Sombrero so he was due for some redemption.
– Have to quote a tweet by Ross, of New Stadium Insider, regarding Joe G. riding Aceves’ magic for a bit too long. “He is bi-polar with his managing. One night he micromanages, the next he autopilots.” Can’t be summed up any better than that. [Aceves was stellar before that mistake though..]
– Also in the category of what-the-hell, who
was that in the 5-hole? Seemed oddly reminiscent of the old Robbie
Cano, but my eyes must deceive me.. Will praise him when he picks up
one of those hits with the game on the line.
– And who was the guy in the 7-spot? Return of Godzilla? Would be about damn time.. Just sayin’.
– Your Quick Bit Of Hilarity:
Apparently the Subway Series never ends, because we got another Met
moment, courtesy of Ichiro Suzuki dropping one in right. Fans at the
stadium naturally let him have it on the next pop up hit his direction,
and after catching it to end the inning Ichiro exacted some revenge with a
not so smart move. Unlike Suzuki, Castillo took it like a man. Fake
ball toss to the stands? Bush league Ichiro, bush league.
– The latest celeb at the stadium.. Jack Nicholson. Had the best seat in the house, sitting right behind home plate. Supposedly had a ball being on the big screen in the ballpark. Did not partake in the wave. Good man.
Leader Of The Crapfest:
6 earned runs allowed on 10 hits through 5.2 innings..
Forget you were facing the Mariners?
– In other news.. Kyle Blanks couldn’t handle a bit of bees? C’mon.. Joba had midges making a home on his neck.. Be a man.. Speaking of, Padres get a delay [lasting all of 52 minutes]
in the 9th inning of a game they obviously weren’t going to win, but
the Yanks were to forced to just suck it up [it the middle of the ALDS]? Death to Bruce Froemming.. [If he happens to pass any time in the near future, I never said this..]
For your amusement:
On Deck: Mr. Badazz facing Brian Tallet to start a four game series with Toronto. Got more one-hit stuff in the tank?