And that result would be this:
Over/Under an eternity next time National League wins an All Star Game?
– Hope it wasn’t just me who felt like baseball was dying with the odd “this is the last game that will ever be played” sort of feel to the pre-game.. essentially set it up to be anticlimatic. Producer must receive mid-season Overkill Award.
– Pretty weird, yet cool, to see Major League ballplayers starstruck for a change, during their meet and greet with the President.
That fly swatter himself/leader of our nation, Barack Obama, was called on to toss
the first pitch in this All-Star Game.. and he did so with White Sox
gear.. in the home of the Cardinals.. bold. However, just in
case you didn’t detect it from the boos Mr. President, the sea of red
and white in St. Louis didn’t appreciate the lack of bipartisanship..
– This was a needle to the retina.
Was hoping to see a monster shot from Teix during the ASG, but apparently no one was allowed to take it over the wall at Busch.
– Charlie Manuel has some killer managerial tactics.. The guy still has me wondering how you choose to intentionally walk any guy in a lineup literally
full of All-Stars. The walk served up in the 8th robbed Victor Martinez
of an at-bat in the game, while the guy after him, Adam Jones, drove
in a run with a sac fly.. the run that happened to win the game.
Explanation needed as to why the national broadcasts are always the
worst.. Do we not endure enough sportscaster stupidity, Boston a**
kissing and Yankee salary criticisms throughout the year? Just sayin’.
– Your Quick Bit Of Hilarity: Mo nailing down the save.. for none other than Jonathan Papelbon.. and he wasn’t even the one who truly
saved it for Pap, as Crawford’s catch in left robbed what would’ve been a
game-tying home run. MVP honor well deserved.. “Winning pitcher” label
in this one, not so much..
National League, your time will come.. when Mo
Just about fell in love with it..
The second half of the season.. A 10 game homestand in store for the
Yanks, beginning with a three game set against Detroit, following the
next two off days. It’s that time again.
P.S. No Derby post because.. it was unquestionably lame. Did we all really want ‘roids banned in baseball?
Jose Tabata + Dan McCutchen + Ross Ohlendorf + Jeff Karstens
Well take a look at what two of these guys in the trade just did:
Jeff Karstens – The guy just went 9 innings surrendering just 2 hits my friends, and had a perfect game going into the 8th. Oh and by the way, he also had two hits, facing Randy Johnson I might add. Since joining the Pirates Karstens has made two starts, earning a win in both. 15 innings, 7 hits, 0 runs.
Damaso Marte – The guy gave up a walkoff grand slam on Monday night to lose the game for the Yanks. Since joining the Yankees Marte has pitched 4.2 innings, allowing 6 earned runs and 4 walks while still somehow managing to strike out 8.
The trade still looks good for the Yanks with Nady tearing it up… but Pittsburgh isn’t looking so retarded now huh?
– Abraham is reporting that Joba has been placed on the 15-day DL [also reported by the Daily News and NY Post] while Chris Britton has been called up. Still no word on what the Doc has said but I have a feeling we won’t be seeing Joba anymore. Ian Kennedy will be starting on Friday in place of Joba, while Dan Giese starts on Saturday.
– OMFG, Tampa won again today, despite being down 7 – 4 in the bottom of the ninth. They hit two blasts to score 6 runs in the last inning to win the game. What is with this team? When did they become the Yankees?
Here’s The Updated Story On Joba:
“This from Brian Cashman: Chamberlain has what is being described as
rotator cuff tendinitis. He will be rested for “about a week” and then
start a throwing program after being evaluated again.
He will return to New York.
Just for your own reference: “tendinitis” is a nice way to say he has a little tear in his rotator cuff.
Joe Girardi said before the game he was optimistic Joba would play
again this season. But a rotator cuff issue is nothing to mess around
with. Don’t expect to see Chamberlain any time soon this season, if at
all.” – Pete Abraham