Nuke LaFarnworth has just about been replaced by Nuke LaChamberlain.
Nuke: “I held it like an egg.”
Crash: “Yeah, and he scrambled that son of a b****.”
– Still can’t fathom how a game that looked as good as it did at the start could become such a nightmare by the end.
– Digesting The Disaster That Is Joba Chamberlain:
In 17 games this season, he’s lasted more than 6 innings just twice.
9 hits in each of his last 3 outings.. [in just 5.1, 3.2, and 4.1 innings..]
Managed to accomplish a 9 pitch 1st in this one, only to follow it with a 29 pitch 2nd.
Bats jumped on Saunders early.. and he lasted longer than Chamberlain.
Is king of the no-decision.. which may actually be benefiting him.
And he’s beyond delusional.
Joba’s Latest Various Statement’s of Denial:
“I think things are going well.”
“I made great pitches throughout.”
“You can’t change the past.”
“The last two starts is the best my stuff’s been all year.”
[Last two starts: 3.2 innings, 8 runs & 4.1 innings, 5 runs..]
“The sun is going to come up tomorrow.”
I sh*t you not on all of the above.
Jeet with a four hit night.. and a Castillo-esque dropped pop-up. Not kidding. Ball must’ve had a mind of it’s own.. never seen
that happen to the Capt’n.
Another game, another bomb. A-Rod now one behind Palmeiro on the
seemingly pointless all-time HR list now. With or without the ‘roids
though, Alex is a beast.
Posada bare handed play = sick. Facial expression he gave after it =
siiiiick. I’ve realized the reason he and Burnett have the ultimate
chemistry.. badazz’s think alike. Gave Figgins a good stare down.
– Despite the bashing that could [and has been] rained upon Brian Bruney tonight and of late, hey, the guy got it right in the 8th.
– *Virtual bowdown* to Jonathan Sanchez on the would-be perfecto. Uribe must love himself.
Leader Of The Crapfest:
Fact Of Baseball:
Offense gives you five runs, bright idea wouldn’t be to give them back.
Start breathing through your eyelids.
On Deck: Interesting pitching matchup.. Pettitte taking on Jered Weaver. Redemption after that last start by Andy would be much appreciated.
Match-up may have had loss written all over it, but..
sorry Canucks, not today.
In all seriousness.. Halladay on the mound, shoulder strain pulls Wang
out in the 5th, and the Yanks still manage to pick up a W.. what are
– Abraham’s Wang Update:
is headed for the DL with what is being described as a strain with
bursitis. But everybody seems to think that he will be back within a
I am itching to mention he who must not be named,
but I won’t do it. Who’s glad that Hughes is a reliever now? Phil is
obviously the only competent option to be the replacement, but with the
decreased arm strength stemming from the move to the pen, he likely
won’t be able to give a full start in 5 days. I’m thinking one will be patched together by he and the other relievers on Thursday, though Abraham suggests Sergio Mitre in Scranton could be the choice.
Message to the New York media: Yankee Stadium = launching pad.. we get it. The
restatement of this every time one ends up over the wall in right is unnecessary.
– Digesting The Disaster That Is Robinson Cano:
Now 0 for his last 20 with RISP..
Made the last out in 5 of his 6 AB’s today..
Stranded 10 single-handedly..
Batting near, if not below, the Mendoza line with RISP for the season..
Leading the team in double plays.
And he’s number 5 in the lineup..
The icing on this cake? In the only at-bat he didn’t end the inning with, he ever so intelligently chose to bunt [into a force out at third]… with a 3-0
count. Girardi may or may not be a smart guy [latest managerial
decisions have been raising some doubt] but this one seems simple.. Ice
cold bat + sheer idiocy = bench.
Badazz Burnett strikes again, this time with Joba as the
co-conspirator. This date in Yankee history can now add “Posada Pied”
to accompany The Birth Of The Boss and Baseball’s Gettysburg Address on
Beast(s) Of The Ballgame:
asked someone to tell me the worth of Hideki Matsui.. and the guy told
me himself with his second tater and multi-hit game in the last three
A bomb and the game winning hit.. How’s the thumb feeling?
On Deck: Joba on the hill to face Brett Cecil, with a mere 7 Major League appearances under his belt, for Toronto in a battle of the 6’2″ 23 year olds.
P.S. Forgot to mention, if you think you’re losing it, Eric Hinske did indeed arrive from Pittsburgh.. three days ago. He supposedly requested a trade from the Pirates because of a lack of playing time.. must be glad he got it.
Not a single error made in the field tonight by the Mets, and wouldn’t you know it.. they look just as helpless.
Beast of the Ballgame:
7 innings, 10 strikeouts, one hit.. just nasty.
A.J. could really rock the throwback McMahon entrance.
[No doubt he got the belt tonight.]
Seems the Jorgie – A.J. duo is working mighty well. Both have a fiery
intensity that the Mets just got burned by tonight [no pun intended]..
Citi Field a massive fly ball serial killer? Yankee bats say otherwise.
Two more bombs tonight making it seem like there are no dimensions the
lineup can’t handle.
Who else is loving the youth takeover? Melk, living for the
competition, took the baton from Gard tonight, picking up a couple of
hits, while making a couple incredible plays in left. Peña contributed
with a double and a solid play at short. Daniel Murphy was robbed thrice because of the two of them.
– Brun.. I’ve missed ya. An easy 8th.. retiring the side on 7 pitches.. Was actually warming up to the porn ‘stache tonight.
– I’ve just realized there isn’t even a lot to say about this one.. summed up simply: dominance.
Wang to take the hill against Livan Hernandez. Wanger improving but
Hughes will undoubtedly be ready to backup, should Wang have
difficulties. Will be hosting another in-gamer for this one. Sweep?
If three back-to-back-to-back wins don’t have the power to break in this new stadium.. nothing does..
[excluding a WS championship, which I’m unashamed to say I’m fully expecting]..
– I could get used to this walk off thing.
– JD, who I will call Bamm Bamm because he utterly clubs it like Barney Rubble’s boy, is ama-za-zing.
– A.J. needs to send me a pie [preferably to my doorstep and not my face].. I honestly want to know if he makes them himself.. Either way, anyone else find it odd how incredibly intense the dude comes off as on the field and yet he’ll still throw a pie at a guy? It’s like pondering the thought of Jorge wearing clown shoes. Hmm.. I wonder if Posada would ever let A.J. catch him with a pie.
– A-Rod is 5-29 since his return.. 3 of the 5 = home runs.. 10 games, 7 RBI’s. Difference between A-Rod hitting .172 and Tex hitting near Mendoza line = Alex is timing them pretty well. Nice of Tex to finally break out yesterday though. Keep it up?
– What I probably praise more of Teixeira for the game yesterday, rather than the 4 hits and 4 RBI’s, is the fire [which he really displayed in Gomez’s direction]. Though being cool under pressure has been commendable of him despite the criticism, boos and this less than satisfactory start to the year from him, it wasn’t exactly working. Maybe, in Tex’s case, emotion is needed.
– Speaking of, do new reporters become utterly uncreative when it comes to Joba that they feel they must reprint the same stories? The fist pump isn’t disappearing and it has no reason to. Though Huff felt he should give Joba a dose of his own medicine two series ago [sorry on the lateness w/ this], give it a rest. Joba never intentionally shows up anyone [which is why Huff should get two to the back, for both times he acted like an a**] and why should he control his natural emotion when he gets a big out? So that no player gets his feelings hurt? I know the steroids have lessened the manlihood downstairs of some fellas, but seriously, kill the sensitivity. P.S. Must be the con of being a Yankee.
– I realize I’m writing this post in no order whatsoever, but must point out CF monster tag team that is presenting itself with Melky & Brett the Jet.. Playing both of them would be luxury, but I’m satisfied getting as much we can from what the competition will brew.
– Probably missed a lot [and probably said this before], but lastly, the team chemistry is something special this year.
Random Note: I just despise Justin Morneau.. perhaps more than Carlos Friggin Peña..
On Deck: Eggo waffles and Frosted Flakes man Andy Pettitte [said on Yankees On Deck that was his breakfast growing up.. and mine =)] taking the hill in the final game of this series against Glen Perkins. The goal is the sweep.. but the real goal is full embarrassment.. Twins fans: truely sorry.. and as a sympathetic gesture I will give you a very valuable piece of advice: don’t even turn on the TV tomorrow..
In The Hole: CC starting off the next series versus the O’s on Tuesday [and I’m attending] and though I would love to see Huff take a heater to the ribcage, the umps might be as idiotic as the one that tossed Lackey, so save it for the later innings ; ) Or.. bring in Veras for that.. they would undoubted assume it’s his control [or lack of it].
P.S. Will likely host an live in-gamer ma-jig for the game tomorrow [which will be both on YES and ESPNothing but crap].. so let me know who’s up for it.
there was a rain out and I didn’t feeling writing up a post after the
streak snapped yesterday, thought I’d do some promoting.
Vote Swish As A Write-In For The All Star Game!
[25 times for each e-mail address you’ve got, ‘cuz I know you have more than one.]
Because [as Jeffrey P pointed out]
he plays OF & 1B, pitches [awesomely], hits with power and in the clutch, tweets,
and does interviews with no shirt on.
What more of a reason do you need?
Tweet it/Blog it/Spread it like Swine Flu. Make sure he’s in the OF July 14 in Mizzo.
P.S. Oh, and Jeet, Cano & Posada too.
.. when you have a get out of jail free card for the bullpen [specifically the worthless Jose Veras] that looks like this:
Anyone looking for my live reaction from the 8th on [and another accurate prediction], check it:
We need A-Rod in the lineup because? *Major applause for Peña..*
Errrt.. screeching halt on the comeback.
Did Alby just pitch a 1-2-3? My eyes must deceive me. If that truly just happened, there is no way we can lose this game.
Tex didn’t K? I repeat: There is no way we can lose this game.
Hip Hip Mother Eff-n Jorge!!
Didn’t even record an out in the 9th.. say whhatttt. Gracias Fuentes. =)
Classic. Unbelievably satisfying win.
Though I will mildly criticize him and point out the eery trend showing
regarding pitching performance vs. who’s behind the plate, I can not say
enough how much I miss Jorge’s bat in the lineup. ’08 may have not been
such a nightmare had Posada been healthy.
You know things are definitely heading in the right direction when the
team that gives the Yanks hell do what they usually do [come back when
the Yanks have a solid lead] and the Yanks still pull off a win. Me like.
However, probably the most shocking thing about this game was not the
comeback itself, but the fact that it was done without King of New
York, Nick Swisher, who came out of the game after taking a pitch to
the elbow. After the game, when told by Kim Jones “Girardi
says he’d be surprised if you can go tomorrow”, the definition of
awesomeness said in response: “Let’s see if we can surprise him.” I
take it isn’t serious.
– Fact Of Baseball:
Sometimes it’s okay to be glad of an injury.. such as that of Cody
Ransom. If he had not hit the DL, Ramiro Peña [a.k.a. the guy that
knows how to bring it] would still be riding the bench, instead of
putting on a show. Great job by A-Rod’s backup’s backup.
Trying not to bash because he got on base to start it off in the 9th,
but Tex’s average couldn’t look any uglier. He’s trying but, it isn’t good enough. He had said it best after Monday’s loss
to Detroit: “I’m here to produce, not have good at-bats. Good at-bats don’t do anybody any good.” [Yeah, Yogi-esque.]
Oh, and the C&C boys are baaaaack. Robbie has been hot since day one and now Melky is officially giving Gardner a run for his money.
On Deck: Speaking of a double dose of half a squiggly, the big man CC is taking the mound for a Saturday afternoon game facing Matt Palmer. 5 straight?
I can’t tell who it was but Hilarious celebratory dance by someone Joba [thanks for the confirmation Level] in
the dugout after the Posada homer in the 1st. You can see the hilariousness at the :10
ish mark here.
P.P.S. I don’t care how much they play it during the game, I can’t get enough of this commercial:
P.P.S. Dear Tampa Bay Rays: Thanks. You go from worthless to first place last year and now the Canadians think they can do it too. Look what you’ve started.. If the Nationals manage to even begin to come close to playing over .500 this year, I swear the fabric of baseball will completely tear.
Maybe yankees.com/ticketmaster knows something we don’t:
– No post for last night because last night never happened, okay?
– Only saw about 4 innings of this one, so blah… But playing below .500 again? Could we possibly have left that in ’08?
– Hate to diss Jorge, but why is it that we see the stellar pitching performances when Molina is behind the plate? Just sayin’..
On Deck: Our
hopes relying on Phil Hughes, who gets the start tomorrow in place of
Wang to face Edwin Jackson tomorrow night and end this 4 game losing
streak.. oh boy..