And that result would be this:
Over/Under an eternity next time National League wins an All Star Game?
– Hope it wasn’t just me who felt like baseball was dying with the odd “this is the last game that will ever be played” sort of feel to the pre-game.. essentially set it up to be anticlimatic. Producer must receive mid-season Overkill Award.
– Pretty weird, yet cool, to see Major League ballplayers starstruck for a change, during their meet and greet with the President.
That fly swatter himself/leader of our nation, Barack Obama, was called on to toss
the first pitch in this All-Star Game.. and he did so with White Sox
gear.. in the home of the Cardinals.. bold. However, just in
case you didn’t detect it from the boos Mr. President, the sea of red
and white in St. Louis didn’t appreciate the lack of bipartisanship..
– This was a needle to the retina.
Was hoping to see a monster shot from Teix during the ASG, but apparently no one was allowed to take it over the wall at Busch.
– Charlie Manuel has some killer managerial tactics.. The guy still has me wondering how you choose to intentionally walk any guy in a lineup literally
full of All-Stars. The walk served up in the 8th robbed Victor Martinez
of an at-bat in the game, while the guy after him, Adam Jones, drove
in a run with a sac fly.. the run that happened to win the game.
Explanation needed as to why the national broadcasts are always the
worst.. Do we not endure enough sportscaster stupidity, Boston a**
kissing and Yankee salary criticisms throughout the year? Just sayin’.
– Your Quick Bit Of Hilarity: Mo nailing down the save.. for none other than Jonathan Papelbon.. and he wasn’t even the one who truly
saved it for Pap, as Crawford’s catch in left robbed what would’ve been a
game-tying home run. MVP honor well deserved.. “Winning pitcher” label
in this one, not so much..
National League, your time will come.. when Mo
Just about fell in love with it..
The second half of the season.. A 10 game homestand in store for the
Yanks, beginning with a three game set against Detroit, following the
next two off days. It’s that time again.
P.S. No Derby post because.. it was unquestionably lame. Did we all really want ‘roids banned in baseball?
I’m too worn out [and lazy] to really recap what I’ve failed to blog in a
week [and because the last two series got more than enough headline
coverage.. for two separate reasons], I’m going to keep it simple and
give ya what’s on the brain:
– I don’t know how it’s possible for the Yanks to score 9 runs off Johan Santana, and yet only manage to muster 4 hits off Fernando Nieve.. but it’s pretty funny.
Epic Failure = Luis Castillo.. Sorry Mets fans, but you can never come
back from that. A-Rod didn’t even yell “Ha” on that one.
– Today was my last official day of high school [g’damn, it lasted forever], but something tells me I shouldn’t be enthused. When a grown man throws a fit
because someone dared to make a minor insult about him, the whole “high
school never ends” thing really gains some credibility. Bruney voiced
his opinion and K-Rod responded oh so brilliantly by acting like a
sissy. Way to show his comments really didn’t bother you smart one.
Brun actually intended to apologize, but apparently ‘Cisco needed to act big first [while standing 3 feet shorter..].. would never have guessed those two are the same age.
– Though the guy pulled off a miracle, pitching two
scoreless innings without walking a guy on Saturday, Jose Veras is
still a disease, as his incapability to find the plate has spread to
the starting rotation, which has forced the pen to work overtime. You
can thank the tattoo-bearing, thrown out of a bookstore badazz A.J. Burnett for saving the arms yesterday.. but it’d be nice if you’d manage to kick a** against the one team we really can’t afford to be embarrassed by, A.J… Just sayin’..
– Speaking of Boston.. I have no choice but to hand it to ya.. With an 0-8 record, can’t even attempt to deny the fact the Sox have owned the Yanks so far
this season.. but the fans at Fenway are something else.. “You used
steroids” chant? No offense, but leave it up to Boston fans to state
the obvious. C’mon.. I honestly expected more.
What I didn’t expect.. the Yanks letting Big Papi come out for a
curtain call for his every HR without retaliation.. Granted, they’re very rare from him these days, but.. it’s amazing the incredible amount of things a player can get away with if he isn’t in a Yankee uniform.
– My last thought.. *virtual hour long standing ovation for Mark Teixeira*.. Gotta commend a guy who endured a month long.. um.. initiation,
without a single complaint, while continuing to work till he got it
right.. which he has, as he is tearing it up, and doing the little
things.. The guy really plays his heart out.
On Deck: I’ll be attending tomorrow night’s game while CC is on the hill. The opposing pitcher probably doesn’t matter.. it’s the Nationals.
Also On Deck: St. Louis vs. Detroit.. the Jeffy-Allen showdown.. oh boy =)
P.S. Interesting story here.. Next time you want to have a few words for an ump, watch out.. apparently they can eject more than just the guys on field these days..[in high school games at least]..